Tuesday 9 October 2012

Painted fondant cake

This cake is the base of a 3 tier cake. It was a pre-ordered chocolate cake. I have to be honest that my mom didn't have oven in the province so i had to pre-order my cakes, as much as i want to make/bake my cakes but i have no choice this time. (I am 4hrs +45mins plane ride away from home)

I planned my time to prepare this cake, i was expecting it to arrive at 10am august10...the celebration is Aug11
In the afternoon. Guess what? It arrived 3pm.. That's sad and bad business to whoever we ordered the cake to... I didn't have enough 6hours time to keep my cake frosted inside the fridge. They don't know how important time is for cakes and cake decorating. Besides i am not decorating 1 cake alone. There's 3 of them. So i had to revise my design.

I started frosting one by one right after it arrived, oh no i still had to wait... one bad thing they did... they delivered the cake "fresh from the oven" cake was not in good shape when it arrived (sigh!) it has bump bruise on the side... Have to pop it in the fridge to cool it down. Then i started frosting for real. Took it out at midnight and started decorating one by one. I finished the next day. I didnt have time to prepare myself for the event... I looked exhausted..... But very happy that I have shown my mommy that i made a very lovely cake for her.

I will make another blog with pictures of my helpers. Good times. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment