Wednesday 17 October 2012

My first official cake baking class

My first official baking class started today. Oct 17,2012. It was really a wonderful feeling to be in Chef Judy Koh's class of Creative Culinaire.

First let me talk about our Chef teacher. Before I chose the baking school, I researched about the Chef who will teach me, actually I did research of other chefs from other companies too. It is very important for me. I am a perfectionist. (Self-proclaimed) but in a way I wanted to be taught by someone with really very good skills and with awesome reputation in baking business because I know that person will have a lot to share and I know little things of what she will share would mean a lot to me and to how I am going to use it in practice.
According to published online articles she had 2 guiness world record (maybe more... i found 2record so far ;) ) First, she was one of the Chefs who made the tallest chocolate structure, another one is the biggest cake in the world... I just can't remember which year.
I was so excited attending her class today. She's a humorous person and friendly, she also wears a smile on her face all the time while she's teaching and demonstrating cake baking to us.

I have been baking for a few months now and after I attended her class, i have learned the science behind each Technique. I usually just put things all together and my recipe is a shortcut because it gives me a very good taste and texture... But I didn't know what I did wrong whenever something is not consistent with the cake(of the same recipe) I baked a month ago and the cake I baked yesterday. Again, after the class I know what ingredients or temperature or what recipe works best...
It was a great feeling for me to go home.. As expected... small things did me a great favor. As expected... I enjoyed the class. As expected... I am more confident and more knowledgeable. As expected... Chef Judy is very good! Can't wait for our next class.

No comments:

Post a Comment