Monday 1 October 2012

Dora the Explorer specialty cake

Dora the explorer themed cake (photo taken at home)
This was mainly created/customized for my God daughter Zoey Sia Borra. I covered the main cake with lots of hot pink flowers, with small ones. I wanted it to look like a "gardenia style tropical island". I took a lot of photo of course I was so proud to know that I can pull this one. I did not think about the design in advance nor draw it in a paper but I have an idea of what I want the cake to look like just like how I explained Dora the explorer's vacation would be in my previous post, It was more of a spontaneous thing. I also love to mention, Dora the Explorer cake topper looks lovely, all i need is create the purple bag.

Dora the explorer specialty cake for Zoey Sia Borra
(photo taken at the party)
June 30, 2012. This is the most exciting part when everybody saw the cake at the party. I was nervous, yet proud because I knew I will make the parents happy and specially my 2 years old Goddaughter will definitely love Dora having an adventure by having a grand vacation on a lovely tropical gardenia style island. I small details, about 5 yellow stars as background, and the map which is relatively bigger than the bag. I just put it a bit far from the bag so size won't matter at this point. The background, orange wrapped gifts highlighted the colors of the cake, specially the pink flowers.. it seems more vibrant than the picture taken at home. :)) but it was actually hot pink flowers. All in all, the party went well and everybody loved the cake.

No comments:

Post a Comment