Sunday 5 May 2013

Dumbell cake [May 1, 2013]

My friend Peng Macalino from choir ordered this cake for her boyfriend.

This dumbell cake is a challenge because when I thought of having a black fondant on the night I was about to mold the dumbell, i found out it dried out because the ziplock was not sealed properly. I had to make a new fondant and had to make a black color for such a short period of time.

But then again, I'm still lucky cause I was still able to combine colors and create the desired hue of gray and black.... Ohhappy day!! I painted the gray fondant with white shimmer so it gives a velvety kind of shine, just right to make it look like the real one. And the black color, it was natural! Thank God!

She's happy when I sent the photo of the cake, and definitely happier when she saw it personally :)))). That happy face she got is also my happiness cause I know she'd be delighted to give it her bf.

Note: actual date of order is on the title





No comments:

Post a Comment