Sunday 30 September 2012

Grand vacation themed cake

Dora the Explorer specialty cake
After a friend saw my daughter's cake, she informed me that she wanted the same Dora themed cake for her daughter. I was ecstatic with the fact that someone loved my design and at the same time I would have another reason to make another lovely cake. Since I had a lot of time preparing, I researched with the possible design that I can make with Dora the explorer's cake.

This cake seems like it's finished but it's just the initial design. The top layer cake is 6 inch covered with fondant. I wanted the idea that Dora the explorer is having a grand vacation in a lovely tropical island which is full of lovely flowers, but I also wanted to incorporate the idea of a lovely ocean view in there. That's where I got the ideal design of the top layer. 

Next blog will be the final product

No comments:

Post a Comment